With FastComments, there are four types of users that exist.
- SSO Commenters
Administrators can be added to your tenant.
By default, when commenting, these users will have
Administrator labels next
to their comments, respectively.
Administrators can be given permissions, for example to manage other administrators.
Commenters do not belong to any tenant.
SSO Commenters are created automatically as part of the SSO integration.
SSO Commenters can be given administrator permissions. If their email matches the email of an
existing administrator, the permissions will be the same.
The permissions for any
Administrator can be updated any time by another
They will not have to log out to get the updated permissions. The updated permissions will be applied immediately.
For Developers whom you may not want to be
Administrators, consider creating an
with the following permissions:
- Analytics Admin
- Customizations Admin
- Data Management Admin
- Comment Moderation Admin
- API/SSO Admin
This set of permissions will give a developer everything they need to setup FastComments as well as the visibility into the system required to ensure it is working.
The reasoning for these permissions is as follows:
- Analytics Admin: This can be used to debug usage of FastComments.
- Customizations Admin: This will be required to apply custom styling to the comment widget.
- Data Management Admin: This will be required to manage imports and exports, and setup webhooks.
- Comment Moderation Admin: This will be required to see comment data, at least during setup.
- API/SSO Admin: This will allow them to fetch the API keys directly from our platform. We consider
this more secure than an
Administratorcopying it for them and sending the API Secret via email which may not be very secure.