What is White Labeling
With FastComments White Labeling it is possible to create and manage your own tenants. Billing may be handled on your behalf, or can be handled by FastComments.com.
White Labeled tenants are created via the API. They can have their own Administrators, Commenters, SSO Users, configuration, and so on.
How to Get White Labeling
White Labeling is available on several FastComments.com plans. Check out our pricing to see the different packages that offer White Labeling.
Setting up White Labeling
The process for setting up White Labeling is as follows:
- Choose how billing will be handled.
- With FastComments Pro, you pay a fixed amount for up to a certain number of white labeled tenants.
- With FastComments Flex, you pay for each tenant and the usage of that tenant.
- You set the limits of each tenant in both cases.
- Limits can be customized on a per-tenant basis. Additionally, if you update the packages that you sell, you can do so without disrupting the pricing you've already provided to existing customers.
- Become familiar with the FastComments.com terminology:
Tenantis a "customer".
TenantUseris an administrator with a set of privileges in the
TenantPackageis a package with set of limits and pricing available to a
- Integrate with our API or use scripts to on-board tenants.
Using The Dashboard
The easiest way to get started with white labeling is using the admin dashboard, where tenants can be added and managed.
Simply go to My Account -> Tenants and click
Create Tenant at the bottom.
You'll be asked some basic information, like the desired default admin's username and email, and what the name of the tenant should be, as well as what sites FastComments will be used on for this tenant.
Additionally, you'll be able to set limits for what the tenant can do with the platform.
Using The API
To use the API to create a white labeled tenant, we must do the following:
- Call the Tenants API to create the tenant.
- Call the TenantPackages API to create one or more packages for the tenant.
- Call the Tenants API to define which package is active on the tenant.
- Call the TenantUsers API to add administrator users to the tenant.
- Call the Moderators API to add and invite moderators to the tenant.
- Optionally, Setup SSO.
This can all be done within the trial period.
Manging White Labeled Tenants
Managed tenants can be administered via the admin dashboard by going to My Account -> Tenants.
All actions performed against a managed tenant are done via what FastComments calls
Impersonation. Impersonate a tenant to add users, moderators, moderate comments,
get API keys and more. This is also how a tenant would be deleted and so on.